Wednesday open thread

By

Filed Under Open Thread on Aug 8

There are two primary stories on the political radar right now. 1. Who will Romney pick? 2. Who won’t Romney pick?

ABC: Veep Beat: Paul Ryan’s Rising Momentum

The Hill: Romney veep pick is talk of town

Newsday: Clock ticking on Romney’s veep choice

Washington Times: Inside the Beltway: Veep madness

Boston Herald: Last thing Mitt Romney needs is a boring veep pick like Rob Portman

Politico: Veep Sheet: Portman’s haunted hotel

What’s your gut telling you?

Comments

16 Responses to “Wednesday open thread”

1. dw says:

How about Alan West for VP?

2. dw says:

How about Alan West for VP?

3. Alaina says:

I thought Petreaus was interesting and i would certainly be happy with him (particularly if Ryan isn’t on the ticket), but I seriously doubt he would accept.

4. Alaina says:

T-Paw is my gut feeling and seeing him on the stump reminds me why I liked him so very much. He is very personable and relaxed on the stump and I believe he could be a very effective attack dog.

I would love to see Rubio for so many reasons but I am not sure Team-Romney’s internal polling suggests they need to take the risk on a young Senator with some questionable baggage in his background. Portman has the baggage of being linked to Bush.

I say

T-Paw

I say

T-Paw

7. The Truth says:

Rand Paul!!!!!!!

Truth.

Has there been any indication from anyone that Rand Paul has even been vetted?

Rand would be a better pick then the snoozefest of Portman, T-Paw or Santorum.  I’m just hoping Ryan gets the nod out of those that discussed considering that the economy should be Job One and he has very good ideas about how to cut spending.

I think Hugh Hewitt may have summed it up nicely.

He said that internal polling will likely dictate Romney’s pick. He said of Romney’s internal polling….

If they are up by 5pts or more will likely play it safe with TPaw.

If slightly up 2-4pts will likely go Portman for Ohio.

If even or slightly behind will likely go for Ryan.

If few points back will likely go Rubio.

8. The Truth says:

Rand Paul!!!!!!!

Truth.

Has there been any indication from anyone that Rand Paul has even been vetted?

I think Hugh Hewitt may have summed it up nicely.

If they are up by 5pts or more will likely play it safe with TPaw.

If slightly up 2-4pts will likely go Portman for Ohio.

If even or slightly behind will likely go for Ryan.

If few points back will likely go Rubio.