Mitt Romney is making noise in a state that has been in the Democrat column since 1992, namely his birth state of Michigan. Though President Obama still has the RCP average lead, A couple of recent polls have Romney in striking distance.

In the merry world of sorting out Romney’s running mate, Romney refuted claims that Marco Rubio was not being vetted for the slot, while Tim Pawlenty is reported as being the favorite of Romney’s advisors.

Comments

22 Responses to “Wednesday open thread”

1. Whodat says:

I missed the news as to why Scott Walker, my favorite labor-whacker, is not being considered for VP.  Seems he has the proven battle scars to do the job.  What did I miss?

First of all Scott Walker has said repeatedly that did not go through another long campaign to enter another one. He has stated many times that he intends to complete his job in Wisconsin. To put his state through the rigors of a recall election only to win and enter another campaign within weeks of defeating the recall effort would be rediculous. Secondly, as much as it gets us giddy that Walker defeated the union thugs in Wisconsin I am not sure that he brings enough to the table at this point to be considered for a veep slot at the national level.

Walker knows a RINO when he sees one and doesn’t want to get hitched to this election.  Watch for him to run in 2016.

2. Whodat says:

You didn’t see my post in yesterdays open thread where Romney admitted that he IS vetting Rubio after he told ABC that he wasn’t?

Waiting to bring back my T-Paw 2012 bumper sticker! T-Paw was always a solid campaigner and solid candidate. He gained little traction in his own journey to the nomination but he is most definitely a serious choice and would be a great running mate. He is very likable and very capable.

I have always like Governor John Kasich. Why is his name never mentioned? Is it because he has ruffled some feathers in Ohio or does he have zero interest in the job? He has not been a national advocate for Romney or anyone else so I assume he is content with his current job.

I am also a big fan of Rubio but he may still need some time in the Senate. I also like Jindal very much. His only flaw is that he gave one bad speech.

• Alaina says:

I think Kaisch below it with his leadership of the collective bargaining issue last year… He just didn’t show the leadership and communication skills that Walker did. As side from that, I agree that he is very good.

• Alaina says: