Tuesday open thread

By

Filed Under Open Thread on May 29

Is tonight the night it becomes official? Texas should put Romney over the top in the delegate march. Will Paul supporters accept this or maintain that he’s still not the presumptive nominee?

Team Obama continues to bash Romney over Trump. Does Trump serving as a surrogate bother you?

How many Obamas are there? Victor Davis Hanson poses this question in an entertaining NRO piece that’s worth your time.

What else is on your mind with the long Memorial Day weekend in the rear view mirror and the work week slowly getting up to speed?

Comments

40 Responses to “Tuesday open thread”

This may be perceived as partisan but I don’t think the facts can be called bias.

3. Whodat says:

A footnote at this point because I was too busy last night to get on the web.  I won my campaign for a County Commissioner position here in Texas.  We were waiting for the votes and sippin’ Ritas and munchin’ some serious nachos.  I love this place!

Anyway, so I billed myself as a Tea Party Republican, fighter of waste, fraud and abuse and I beat a home-boy, raised here, played football here, ran a little business, 3 terms on the City Council and two terms on Commissioners Court, but who acts like a real RINO and seems to have scorn for taxpayers.  I won 52.5% to 47.5%.  I have only lived here 19 years.

I did not win because I claimed to be conservative or Tea, I won because I espoused those things that we believe and enough people believed me.  And, I worked my butt off!

So, I have personal experience that the TEA Party is not dead.  It’s alive because those ideas are alive and the taxpayers are still angry.  Cruz is semi-convincing that he shares those values and he is, therefore, better than Dewhurst, who has proven his RINOism in spades; the term, “worthless piece of dog(dirt)” does not begin to cover that scum bag.

Anyway, I must get back to my book, “Staying humble after you’ve won election by 65 votes”…

Are you sure your precinct didn’t use the “butterfly ballot” and those who voted for you actually believed they were voting for someone else?

Congrats on the victory!! It takes a lot of  guts to put yourself out there like that to face possible rejection. It is better to win by 65 than lose by it. I loved your campaign slogan…”Vote early…Vote often…Vote Whodat”

Wish I could have seen your acceptance speech. I am sure Dr. Seuss would have been proud.

Congrats, Whodat!
      Today…County Commissioner
      Next…Governor??

Congrats, now work with the Tea Party and Paulites and get this party back on track.

4. Whodat says:

Congrats, Whodat!
      Today…County Commissioner
      Next…Governor??

TO: The gracious people of Poland

Dear friends: Please accept our sincerest apologies over the recent stupidly-worded remarks from our President, and the arrogance in not sensing the gravity of the offence upon your great country. You have been our friends for decades, even being a partner in the Coalition of the Willing for Iraq. We are grateful and indebted to your sacrifices for freedom.

Our President’s recent comments, made unintentionally to be sure, do not in any way reflect our attitudes towards the great suffering you endured at the hands of the Nazis during WW2. We know you do not have any culpability for those heinous acts of mass murder, and recognize how severe an insult it is to even suggest the possibility of your responsibility in the matter.

Please accept our humblest apologies. We understand words and phrases can be mis-spoken, mis-heard, or even mis-translated. More than that, we apologize that our elected leader has compounded the issue by not finding it worthy of his time to own up to his mistake and communicate clearly his sincerest contrition over the remarks.

We ask for your forbearance as we attempt to rectify the problematic situation here regarding our President on November 6th. Perhaps you can pray for us and encourage some of our more resistant folk to seriously consider the error of their ways when they continue to support our dear leader.

Sincerely,
    The Citizens of the United States

TO: The gracious people of Poland

Sincerely,
    The Citizens of the United States

Thanks for the thread, Jason!
    I was about to suggest that the last one out should turn out the lights and lock the doors.

The big story tonight will be whether Texas picks Cruz (the “tea party” candidate) for the GOP senate nod.

You forget.. the Tea Party is dead.  The MSM told us all what to think months ago.

Just like how the MSM likes to ignore how many delegates Ron Paul really has and reports the “official” number like they have since the beginning of this race.

Let’s see what the RNC does to ensure there isn’t a second round of voting at the convention.  If there is a second round of voting all those Ron Paul delegates will be free to vote for their candidate and that would spell the end of Mitt Romney.

• Rick Dancliff says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good to see nothing has changed here. I wondered what this crowd would say now that former Governor Romney had it locked up.

“If there is a second round of voting all those Ron Paul delegates will be free to vote for their candidate and that would spell the end of Mitt Romney.”

I’m always amused by people like this. That’s like saying “I guarantee that if Paul ever got Obama head to head, he would win.” Or “If Palin were the GOP nominee, I guarantee she beats Obama by 20 points.”

This is a more realistic delegate map:

• Gururussell says:

So…what do our PD Texans think of the run-off choice between Dewhurst (endorsed by Rick Perry) and Cruz (endorsed by Ron Paul and Sarah Palin)?
      Which do you prefer?
      Who do you think will win it?

Thanks for the thread, Jason!

• Rick Dancliff says:

This is a more realistic delegate map:

• Gururussell says:

Which do you prefer?
      Who do you think will win it?